Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my new blog. This blog is meant to be a sounding board for less comfortable subjects relating to having a depressing personality. Ooops, did I say that? The fact is that while I am happily blending in the suburbs, I constantly get the feeling I am the black sheep. I have no interest in signing up for mommy groups, I can't remember your child's name, and I don't know if my socks match. I haven't colored my hair yet, though I am seriously thinking about it, I don't get manicures, pedicures, heck I don't even do my brows. I am not trying to paint the picture that I am a smelly bohemian outcast, I am actually fairly presentable. People don't walk away when I approach (at least not that I have noticed), but I can almost NEVER think of anything to say. Sometimes, a few hours after they are gone, the perfect solution pops into my head. What I could have said, maybe even what I should have said. I recently discovered other working women bloggers out there sharing their mommy moments. I try to engage in dialog, but all I can ever think of is "GET OVER IT" or "IT'S NOT THAT BAD" or "TRY HARDER." As one may imagine, I am not that popular in the mom world, even online. So here I am, talking to myself again. Maybe this time I'll make some friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment